Frequently Asked Questions
Should I attend the programme?
The MLI is a practitioner-orientated professional certificate that will enhance the short-term and long-term career prospects of anyone working in the following fields: Quantitative Finance, IT, Insurance, Model validation, Risk management.
When will the MLI commence?
Next start date Tuesday 10th October 2023.
How long is the course?
The examined part of the course takes place over 7 months, with the examination and project taking place at the end of the course.
What is the fee & early bird structure?
There is a 30% discount until 2nd June 2023, a 25% discount until 4th August 2023 and a 15% discount until 22nd September 2023. There is also a volume discount. Refer to the Registration Form for full fee information.
Who should attend the MLI?
This course has been designed to empower individuals who work in or are seeking a career in machine learning quantitative finance.
Can I defer my Machine Learning educational learning?
At any stage during the MLI you may defer your education until the next cohort (one deferral is permitted). The MLI cohorts run twice per annum.
When is the final examination?
Examination Date: Tuesday 14th May 2024
Where do I attend the course?
The course will take place globally online with weekly lectures on Mondays and/or Tuesdays taking approximately 2 hours.
- UK: 6.00pm
- UAE: 9.00pm
- CET: 7.00pm
- S. Africa: 7.00pm
- India: 10.30pm
- EST: 1.00pm
- Brazil: 2.00pm
How do I access the live global streaming lectures?
The live streaming will be available on Cisco Webex, you will be given weekly login access details.
What happens if I fail the MLI?
You will have one chance to retake the final examination.
What happens if I miss a lecture?
All the lectures are filmed and are available for you on the MLI Student Portal for the duration of the course.
Can I stagger my MLI payments?
Yes the MLI offers flexible payment options where candidates can pay for the course by instalments.
- Pay in full
- Full course: Pay 50% on registration and 50% in lecture week 15
- Level 1: Pay 50% on registration and 50% in lecture week 14
- Level 2: Pay 50% on registration and 50% in lecture week 30
- Full course: Pay £1000 on registration, 50% of remaining balance in lecture week 13 and the final 50% in lecture week 29
- Level 1: Pay £1000 on registration, 50% of remaining balance in lecture week 5 and the final 50% in lecture week 13
- Level 2: Pay £1000 on registration, 50% of remaining balance in lecture week 21 and the final 50% in lecture week 29
Is it possible to take only selected modules?
The MLI offers two flexible study options so you can decide how to complete the course:
- Full Course: Complete the 8 modules in 7 months.
- Levels 1 & 2: Complete the 8 modules in 2 x 4 module stages. Please note that candidates must pass Level 1 and then Level 2 to become MLI certified.
What happens if I am unable to complete the course?
It is possible for students to defer completion of the MLI to the next cohort at no extra charge.