Algorithmic Trading Certificate (ATC): A Practitioner’s Guide
📅 12 Lecture Weeks
✔ Final Project + Certificate
Regional & Group Discount:
🌐 Global regional & group discount fee structures.
Level up your career: Understanding advanced trading strategies, Impact of Machine Learning and methods for research into new alpha sources.
Goals of Class
- Provide a strong foundation in the tools and techniques used in algorithmic trading.
- Cover everything from basic programming concepts to advanced trading strategies and
methods for research into new alpha sources.
- Apply everything in hands-on projects throughout the course.
📆 8 - 10 Hours Weekly: Time Commitment
Weekly recorded lectures accessible any time, from any global location, in your educational portal.
🕛 Self-paced Online:
Students will have the opportunity to apply what they learn in hands-on projects throughout the course.
Dedicated Faculty Support available every step of the way. Weekly seminar & student forum.
Students are awarded the prestigious Algorithmic Trading Certificate from WBS Training.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Statistics and Time Series
- Module 3: Features and Factors
- Module 4: Trend Following
- Module 5: Carry and Volatility Strategies
- Module 6: Machine Learning and other New Techniques
- Module 7: Trading and Execution
- Module 8: Backtesting and Performance Measurement
- Module 9: Allocation and Risk Management
This course is for:
Discretionary Traders / Risk Managers – Understand the mechanics of the market and develop the tools to devise and manage new and improved algorithmic strategies of different types including multi-asset strategies. Learn the importance of allocation frameworks, execution models and performance testing. Recognise pros and cons of various approaches to designing strategies and the common pitfalls encountered by algorithmic traders.
Algorithmic Traders / Quants – Appreciate when commonly-used strategies work and when they don’t. Understand the statistical properties of strategies and discern the mathematically proven from the empirical. Expand your technology toolkit to incorporate the latest techniques including open-source tools and models from other areas of the quant industry.
Academics / Students / Data Scientists – Gain familiarity with the broad area of algorithmic trading strategies. Master the underlying theory and mechanics behind the most common strategies. Acquire a solid understanding of the principals and context necessary for new academic research into the large number of open questions in the area.
One written assessment at the end (PDF + Python Notebook), describing a strategy in detail: its behaviour, its rationale (with quoted references if applicable), implementation and performance and limitations and room for improvements. Marks for sensibility of coverage and exposition, for following the methodology, etc. (i.e., good performance only is not sufficient – you have to display it and explain it).
Programming Languages and Platforms
- Python Programming Language
- Faster Methods – C, C++, Rust and Java
- Trading Platforms
- Risk Management
- The ATC concludes with a practical final project that gives you the opportunity to implement the knowledge and skills you have acquired during the course of the programme.
- Key takeaways
- Designing your own strategies
- Doing active research
- Sourcing and cleaning data
- Algorithmic Trading Certificate (ATC): A Practitioner’s Guide
- Keeping tech stack up-to-date
- Maintenance and Improvement
- Next steps
Regional & Group Discount:
The Algorithmic Trading Certificate (ATC): A Practitioner’s Guide offers global regional & group discount fee structures.
Group Discount: If 2 or more people from your institution wish to take The Algorithmic Trading Certificate (ATC): A Practitioner’s Guide please contact us. If you have a wider interest, preferred supplier agreements offer best value.
Regional Offers: Get in contact for offers in your geographic region.