Reproducible Finance with R: An Introduction to R and Data Visualization for Quants
This workshop will introduce the R toolchain with a hands-on example of importing market data, wrangling it into a tidy format, visualizing it, modeling it and then building an interactive dashboard with Shiny. We will cover a lot of code but participants will tackle a real world project using a bottom-to-top R workflow. Taught by RStudio!
Workshop Fee: $299.00
- Learn to import data from databases, csv and excel
- Explore tools for cleaning and wrangling data
- Delve into R’s data visualization capabilities
- Build interactive dashboards for data exploration with Shiny
Who should attend:
- The course is aimed at people with financial industry knowledge or experience who want to learn R
- Excel users
- Portfolio managers
- Market researchers
- Quants and aspiring quants
- Forecasters and economic analysts
No coding experience is necessary, but a desire to spend a day learning and digging into R code is necessary.
Start time: 08.30
Break: 10:30 – 11:00
Lunch: 12:30 – 13:30
Break: 15:15 – 15:30
Jonathan Regenstein: Director of Financial Services Practice, RStudio, Inc.
Jonathan leads the financial services practice at RStudio and works with data science teams at a variety of financial institutions. He studied International Relations as an undergraduate at Harvard, worked in finance at JP Morgan and then did graduate work in Political Economy at Emory University before joining RStudio. He is the author of the book Reproducible Finance with R: Code Flows and Shiny Apps for Portfolio Analysis (CRC Press, 2018) http://www.reproduciblefinance.com/. He is also a regular to contributor to Rviews (rviews.rstudio.com/categories/reproducible-finance).