Tuesday 10th May:
This workshop is complimentary to all conference attendees.
13.30 – 17.30 Understanding ESG & Climate Risk:
- Understanding the importance of ESG as pillar of the banking prudential framework
- Classification and assessment of ESG risks
- Analysis of the potential impact of the ESG risks
- How to integrate climate change in risk management and disclose it as for the TCFD recommendations.
- Get a foundation of the ESG and climate change theory and more frequent applications
- Understanding the recommendations of the EBA and Task force on climate-related financial disclosures (TCFD).
- Understand the key categories of ESG risks and how to measure and report them
Senior Lead – IBOR Transition programme, Lloyds Banking Group
Maurizio Garro: Senior Lead – IBOR Transition programme, Lloyds Banking Group
Maurizio Garro works as a Senior Lead BA for the IBOR Transition programme at Lloyds Banking Group, where he is leading the delivery of the changes required for models, curves and products for the transition to the alternative risk-free rates for the Front and Back book. His background is in quantitative risk management, Model Risk, Market Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, Pricing, Liquidity and Stress Testing.
He has a long-standing experience as an internal auditor, consultant and banker in model risk management and previously worked in the Development and Validation teams of top-tier financial institutions in Europe, U.S., and the U.K. for over 15 years.
Maurizio is a frequent speaker on various topics in risk management, a member of the Institute of Internal Auditor and the Director of the Global Association of Risk Professional (GARP) London Chapter.
Maurizio Garro received his Master Degree in Economics from the Bocconi University of Milano and a certificate in Financial Risk Management (FRM) from GARP.